Summer is just around the corner, and for many of us in Tallahassee, that means relying heavily on our air conditioning systems to keep us cool and comfortable. But did you know that there are many myths floating around about air conditioning that can end up costing you money? In this article, we’ll debunk 11 of the most common air conditioning myths and help you save money on your energy bills. And if you need HVAC service in Midway, FL, don’t hesitate to contact us for professional and reliable services.
• Closing Vents In Unused Rooms Saves Energy.
While it might seem like a good idea to close vents in rooms that you’re not using, it can actually cause your system to work harder and increase your energy bills. Your air conditioning system is designed to cool your entire home, and when you close vents in certain rooms, it disrupts the airflow and can cause your system to work harder to cool your home. Instead, keep all vents open and make sure your system is properly balanced.
• Turning Your Thermostat Lower Cools Your Home Faster.
This is a common misconception, but the truth is that your air conditioning system cools your home at a consistent rate, regardless of the temperature you set. Turning your thermostat lower won’t cool your home any faster, but it will make your system work harder and use more energy. Instead, set your thermostat to a comfortable temperature and leave it there.
• Bigger Air Conditioning Units Are Always Better.
Installing an air conditioning unit that’s too large for your home can actually increase your energy bills and decrease your comfort. An oversized unit will cycle on and off more frequently, which can cause it to wear out faster and create temperature inconsistencies in your home. It’s important to have a properly sized unit installed by a professional.
• You Only Need To Change Your Air Filter Once A Year.
Your air filter should be changed at least every three months and possibly more frequently if you have pets or allergies. A dirty air filter can restrict airflow and cause your system to work harder, which can increase your energy bills. It’s a good idea to set a reminder to check your filter regularly and replace it as needed.
• Turning Your Air Conditioning off When You're Not Home Saves Energy.
This myth can actually end up costing you more money. When you turn your air conditioning off completely, it has to work harder to cool your home to the desired temperature when you turn it back on. Instead, turn your thermostat up a few degrees when you’re not home to save energy and money.
• You Don't Need To Get Your Air Conditioning Serviced If It's Working Fine.
Regular maintenance is essential to keep your air conditioning system running efficiently and prevent costly breakdowns. Getting your system serviced once a year can help you catch small problems before they become big, expensive ones. It’s a good idea to have a professional HVAC technician inspect your system annually.
• Closing Curtains And Blinds Keeps Your Home Cooler.
While closing curtains and blinds can help keep sunlight and heat out of your home, it won’t necessarily keep your home cooler. Your air conditioning system is still responsible for cooling your home, so it’s important to use it wisely. You can use curtains and blinds to help reduce the amount of heat that enters your home but it’s not a substitute for proper air conditioning.
• Ceiling Fans Cool Your Home.
While ceiling fans can make you feel cooler by circulating air and creating a breeze, they don’t actually cool your home. It’s important to turn off ceiling fans when you leave a room, as they only cool the person if they’re in the room but not the room itself…
• You Can Save Money By Buying A Cheaper Air Conditioning Unit.
While a cheaper air conditioning unit may save you money upfront, it can end up costing you more in the long run. Cheaper units are often less efficient and have a shorter lifespan, which can lead to more repairs and higher energy bills. It’s important to invest in a high-quality air conditioning unit that’s properly sized for your home and installed by a professional.
• You Don't Need To Worry About Air Leaks In Your Home.
Air leaks in your home can cause your air conditioning system to work harder and increase your energy bills. It’s important to seal any gaps and cracks in your windows, doors, and walls to prevent air leaks. You can use weather-stripping and caulking to seal gaps and consider adding insulation to your home to further improve energy efficiency.
• You Don't Need To Worry About The Location Of Your Outdoor Unit.
The location of your outdoor unit can have a big impact on its efficiency and lifespan. It’s important to keep your outdoor unit in a shaded, well-ventilated area to prevent it from overheating and wearing out faster. You should also keep the area around the unit clear of debris and vegetation to prevent airflow restrictions.
In conclusion, there are many myths floating around about air conditioning that can end up costing you money. By understanding the facts and taking steps to properly maintain your system, you can save money on your energy bills and keep your home comfortable all summer long. If you’re in need of air conditioner repair in Tallahassee, FL, contact Keith Key Heating & Air for reliable and professional service.
Choose Keith Key Heating & Air For Affordable And Efficient Air Conditioning Solutions!
Are you tired of dealing with a faulty air conditioning system that’s driving up your energy bills? Look no further than Keith Key Heating & Air for affordable and efficient air conditioning solutions. With their commitment to quality service, experienced technicians, and competitive pricing, you can trust them to keep your home comfortable all year round. Here are some reasons why you should choose Keith Key Heating & Air for your air conditioning needs:
• Experienced and Licensed Technicians: Keith Key Heating & Air has a team of experienced and licensed technicians who have the skills and expertise to provide efficient HVAC services in Midway, FL.
• Affordable Prices: The Company offers competitive and affordable pricing for its air conditioning services, making it accessible for homeowners in Midway, FL, to get the assistance they need without breaking the bank.
• Quality Service: Keith Key Heating & Air is committed to providing high-quality air conditioning services to its clients in Midway, FL. Their team of experts ensures that each job is completed with attention to detail and utmost care.
• Timely Repairs: Keith Key Heating & Air understands the importance of timely repairs when it comes to air conditioning systems. They offer fast and efficient repairs to ensure that your home stays comfortable and cool throughout the summer.
• Energy-Efficient Solutions: The Company offers energy-efficient air conditioning solutions that can help you save money on your energy bills. They can help you choose the right system for your home, ensuring that it is properly sized and installed for maximum efficiency.
• Comprehensive Maintenance: Keith Key Heating & Air offers comprehensive maintenance services to ensure that your air conditioning system stays in top condition all year round. Regular maintenance can help you avoid costly repairs and extend the lifespan of your air conditioning unit.
• Excellent Customer Service: Keith Key Heating & Air is committed to providing excellent customer service to its clients in Midway, FL. They are always available to answer any questions you may have and provide personalized solutions to meet your specific needs.
If you’re looking for affordable and efficient AC replacement in Midway, FL, choose Keith Key Heating & Air. With their experienced technicians, affordable prices, quality service, and commitment to customer satisfaction, you can trust them to keep your home comfortable and cool all summer long.